View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Stars 5-10 turn/river K9s

[ QUOTE ]
On this turn, should I be doing anything other than calling? I thought folding was too weak, but calling didn't seem right either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call. There are 16 combos of QJ that SB could have. It's a pretty likely holding, at this point. A flush is also possible, and if one of Villain's flush-draw cards was the Q, J, or 9 of spades, then he might be particularly inclined to play his draw aggressively.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be raising in this spot and folding to a three bet? Or should I just call down barring a 4th spade, or me filling up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason I don't like raising the turn is that you can't fold to a 3-bet (or I don't think you should, anyway). The pot's too big, and I think you need to try to fill up (although it's unfortunate that the fish may be holding one of the cards you're hoping to catch).

After calling the turn, I would call the river if it weren't a fourth spade (I might do it on a fourth spade also if I didn't have to overcall, though I'm not sure that's best). I'd be expecting to lose, though.

Edit: Oh, and if I filled up on the river, I would raise.