View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: What is my huge leak?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

After playing about 5k hands, I am wondering why I seem to be consistantly losing at this game....I must have a huge leak somewhere, and I am just trying to find it..Thanks guys, here are my stats from PT:

VP$P 22.37
VP$P from SB: 38.92%
Att. to steal blinds: 31.58%
Won $ when saw flop: 23.97%
Amount won: -62.82
Went to showdown: 33.14%
Won $ at showdown: 47.87%
Preflop raise: 5.99(I would do this more at higher limits but should I do it more also at smaller limits?)
Aggro Factor: 1.26

So can anyone tell me where I can improve at? Also, since I'm playing micro-limits, what is one of the stats that I should maybe have different numbers for playing micro vs higher limits(ex. on .5/.10 you should have a VP$P of 24, but on $3/$6 it should be 20.5)

Thanks a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP might be a bit high, but at the micro's you should be fine as you will still be playing better hands than your opponents who are seeing 30+% of flops. As a general rule of thumb you want your VPIP to be about 5% less than the table average.

Won$When saw flop is generally in the 30% range and you are around 24% which would indicate to me that you are running bad. You can get back to break even with one big session, so 5K hands is really a drop in the bucket.

After each session review any hands where you lost more than 3 BB's and figure out if you could have done something different.