View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
little early to be raising QTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe it's a little early for you, but i play probably play alot better than you after the flop... when you analyze a hand i post, remember to pretend you play effing good postflop. thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this response.

i say check call all the way and checkraise when you hit your flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should be betting the river if we hit the flush on the river. We get the donkey overcall in the middle when we hit, and villain is going to have AK and AQ often enough that the river getting checked through is a very real possibility. I was considering saying that we should check-raise if big cards hit the turn or river as villain is now more likely to have improved his AK or AQ, but the converse of that is that villain is now dangerously likely to check behind hands like TT and JJ.

If the relative position were flipped and our chance of trapping the donkey for single bets twice were higher I might prefer the river check-raise.

If we hit on the turn I think I probably like a check-raise as we're more likely to get action from both opponents on our check-raise and the turn is much less likely to check through.