View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: two bleh hands from my day.

1. Perfect. I love every street. You could fold the turn against some kinds of bad players, but you're giving up too much to fold without the right read. Since you can't fold, a raise is very good. On the river, you're very rarely going to get a better hand to fold, so the only question is whether or not the villain is bad and loose enough for you to value bet. So I like a check without a more specific read.

2. Preflop, I'd chuck. And I have a fondness for medium suited connectors. But your position sucks too much for this hand. The flop is a tough, marginal situation with a bettor and two callers in front of you and five opponents behind you. I'd say this one of those cases where you should just fold top pair on the flop, but you do have those backdoor draws as well. So that leans me toward calling or raising. If you raise, I think you need to bet a lot of the turns, including the one that came off. If I just called, I would think about folding a lot of the turns where I didn't improve.