View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Internet-poker-playing world traveller

I am doing the American version of this next year when my lease is up. 12 months in 12 cities to see where I want to finally settle down. New York is already looking like a strong contender.

Here are the 12 cities I am going to spend one month in each.

Seattle, Las Vegas, Honolulu, New York, West Los Angeles, Chicago, New Orleans, Boston, Houston, Miami, Washington D.C., and Atlanta.

I will be either renting a furnished apartment for a month or finding an extended stay hotel to stay for a month.

After that, I intend to do an international version of the same trip with the following cities:

London, Sydney, Mexico City, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Rio De Janeiro, Berlin, Amsterdam, Venice / Milan / Rome, Moscow, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Vancouver, Toronto, San Jose (Costa Rica), Rosarito / Cabo San Lucas, Athens, and some city to-be-determined in Africa.

My take on the international one is to more travel the world then eventually try to live in any of these locations, but you never know how it could end up. Internet access will be trickier worldwide, but I won't have to worry about this oen for about 2 years.

Meanwhile, I am traveling almost every other week this year to acquaint myself with some of the areas I am going to be "living" in.

It will definitely be very interesting when I start in 10 months.