View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Small quirky pot vs. Gobboboy

It’s the 11+R on Stars. I haven’t been at the table long and have only played a couple pots, neither particularly remarkable.

I have something like 160K and I’m in the big blind and we’re at the 6K/12K/600 level and the small blind is “Gobboboy,” whom I suspect of being Gobboboy, and who has 150K or so. EMP calls all-in for 8K or so, and it’s folded to LMP who calls all-in for 10.5K or so. Gobboboy completes. I wake up with 3h2c but just check.

The flop comes Qh6h2h. Gobboboy checks and I bet 16K and Gobboboy folds.

If Gobboboy called I planned to bet 32K or so on a blank turn but to fold to most bets. If a heart turned I probably would have checked behind a check with the intent of calling a river bet, and probably folded to a bet but not before evaluating bet size and any timing tells I could glean.

Now, I think a bet here is very correct, though of course if you disagree I’m eager to hear it. I’d love to hear any thoughts about the bet size, given the two sidepots, one of which was dry. Also, Gobboboy proceeded to say “Nice bet… I guess” and then he made many gigantic bets in the next orbit and then he kept on saying jerkish things in chat. I don’t mean to badmouth Gobboboy; if there’s a chance a successful-seeming tournament player was repulsed by my play, maybe there’s a reason.

Thoughts?