View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

I suppose I could get behind the Bad Beat/Variance name. I guess we'll just have a note that brags and posts where villain overcalls with the nut low belong there. Hmmm. Maybe "Beats, Brags, and Variance" instead? Eh. The most important thing is that the forum get created.

Dids, the fact of the matter is that there are LOTS of people who want to post stuff like that. There are even some veterans who get a good chuckle out of posting or reading some of it. It's going to get posted somewhere whether we take a stand against it or not. I'd much rather have a positive outlet for it than have it popping up in the strategy forums every now and then. Plus, this gives the mods an easy way to deal with this stuff that isn't offensive to anyone. A lot of new posters make their first post (or one of their first) a bad beat or variance rant. Rather than drive away a pair of eyes that's looking at ads and buying books by insulting them and locking/deleting their post, we can move it, give it its day in the sun, and everyone's happy. I won't be so crass as to suggest that the creation of this forum is as big a deal as splitting HUSH, but, man, it's going to be fantastic.

For whoever moderates it, I would like to suggest having a policy that no downswing is too small and no beat is not bad enough to warrant posting. Make it sort of a "flame free zone." If we want people posting there, it's crucial that they not get flamed for posting in the appropriate place. Sure, people reminding the poster that 20 BB is indeed nothing can be fine, but I'm sure we all can tell the difference between a friendly reminder and a flame.

Thanks for the endorsement to mod SHUSH, LUSH, SSSH, or whatever we end up calling it. I should probably go looking for a partner in crime. I have a couple ideas from the Micro forum. I'll talk to them and see what they think. Do you have any 3/6 or 5/10 players who'd be good nominations from HUSH?