View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

i see and agree with surf and bobby's points regarding a midhigh split. there are probably a lot of people out there in mid-limit limbo with SS readers not being useful and MH posters finding their questions annoying.

mid stakes 8/16-15/30?

i think if you make it 20/40 and push higher stakes to 30/60+ it might be a little too exclusive. people with basic 20/40 or even 30/60 questions could still post them in the mid forum. if you set the high limit range too high and make a high limit HUSH i think you're really running a thinning risk since everything over 100/200 is shorthanded already. there's no telling where the mindshare will end up on the shorthanded posts. people should be more likely to abide by certain quality standards in the higher forum just because of the company too, so i wouldn't expect as many garbage hand history type posts.

i'd call the 20/40+ forum 'higher stakes' instead of 'high stakes', just because 'high stakes' has that nosebleed kind of connotation (which doesn't make sense even for 40/80).