View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: 20/40 high: Loose aggro guy and me

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say I'm ahead about 60% of the time on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he’d raise here with 4A4, 4K4 etc.?

I think the check on 5th is okay. You probably have close to zero fold equity and being loose-aggressive he’ll typically bet his 4s here. If you are behind to a higher pair or two pairs, you save some $$$. If you are ahead you don’t lose any. (Assuming he bets. Also, he could raise with a weaker hand of course, but you’ll pretty much have to give him a free card on 6th, so you don’t gain). I think 7CSFAP recommends checking in these spots. I usually still bet against less aggressive opponents, but against this guy, hey.

Oh. He checked behind. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Did you intend to bet 6th after check-calling 5th if things didn’t get ugly? (Heh - you bet although things got ugly, I know. But things are a bit different since he checked behind on 5th. Just curious what you plans where).
At least betting out on 6th would have been my plan.

I don’t like the bet on 6th the way it went though. How is he supposed to believe you have a flush? Would you check your 4-flush on 5th?

Coming to think of it, if checking 7s is good on 5th, checking a 4-flush might also be good? (Of course checking would be pretty bad with either hand if you had some kind of fold equity, but given his board I can’t see him folding more than the odd 1 or 2% of the time). Hmmm…

Regardless though, what matters is what he puts you on, and I think he already ruled out flush draws once you checked 5th.
Also, the pot is pretty small. Of course that can be a good spot to bluff, just not in this case.

Bottom line, I’d take the free card.

As for the river bluff… I like it better than the 6th street bet, but what is he folding that beats you? Maybe 4s & 3s + a gutshot that didn’t get there? Not sure…

Interesting hand.