View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Weak 4th street check?

[ QUOTE ]
Was referring to the comment of picking up 18 bets, as if that somehow is relevent. Points rehashed quickly, 3rd and 4th streets played in reverse. Raise third---NOW you can check-raise to try and thin if you feel like the situation warrents it, though I am likely to keep leading. The original poster should be interested if he played the hand correctly, not that he happened to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results are important. We can't really theoretically say how we get the most value out of hands in some situations. I got 18 bets out of this hand.. I can afford to lose a few times if the hands play out similarly. Blindly betting on 4th when my opponents are definitely correct to call against me, but I may not be so against one of my opponents seems like a decent time to check. If i caught two pair, a flush card, then i go ahead and bet. Everyone is talking about clearing the field on 3rd.. The completion was made and it didn't clear the field. I raise on 3rd for value. A lot of you would be better off switching your mindframe in small stakes games.. If your raising to get it heads up, and your opponents refuse, you're the one making the mistake often, not them.