View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Weak 4th street check?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I didn't mention it, but a fairly tight playerin the 8 seat called a completion with a with a 3 of spades as his door, and spades were completely live. I think falling into the trap of betting someones four flush would have been a mistake. Failing to recognize that some of my opponents may have caught nicely would be a mistake IMO. What would you do if one of your opponents paired his doorcard? Do you still lead out and bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like betting his four-flush, but I might be able to get up against just hit four-flush. Further, we know there are three dead cards to his four-flush - though, maybe (and I didn't say this originally) the live Aces make up for this? I am not too good with odds...

If one of them paired their door, I would consider folding and wonder why I let them pair such a crappy door card by not knocking them out the pot on 3rd. If I think he there is good chance he now only has a one pair hands or a low two pair, I might raise him, assuming he lead out, as this will likely get your heads-up in a sizeable pot as not too much of an underdog - if he has two pair below your Jacks.