View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagio 5 diamond

[ QUOTE ]
she knows better than to think yer gonna give up the pot on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had given up at least 3 other pots to her, after making one fairly large continuation bet, and she had always proceeded to bet behind me, when I checked the next street, and I had folded. Because we were discussing almost every hand that was being played out, she had always shown her hand, even though her bet wasn't called, and it was always, an overpair, TPTK, or an underpair to just the top pair on board. Basically, we had established that we were not going to get involved in big pots with each other, without very strong holdings. We both had too many chips, and too much to lose.

[ QUOTE ]
you must give her a TON of respect if you think she folds AA there, or even AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really isn't about giving her respect, it is about her past play, she is definitely more into stack protection than making great reads. She would frequently call smallish bets, that couldn't hurt her stack, with much less than top pair. But if there were any type of action that threatened her stack, she never showed worse than TPTK, and that is when the opposing player gave up, whenever the pressure continued, she wouldn't even call. Granted, those hands where she didn't call, she may have had garbage, but more likely, she was folding because she didn't want to damage her stack, if she didn't have the best hand. I don't think that she really even tried making a read that wasn't based on bet sizes. Based on that, and the fact that I had set up a pattern of only having very strong hands when I bet large on the river, I am 100% that she is never calling with AA or AK on the river.