View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Flip-flops: are we done with them yet?

Just slip your foot a little bit back when you're sitting down and they don't dig in. Plus you can even take them off if you like, and just use them as a rest for your feet when sitting. Even cooler. When walking, don't stomp like Frankenstein I guess. I grew up wearing them so I can't remember there being a learning process to any of that, but maybe there is.

You can sometimes slip and twist in them, that's true enough. Sometimes they can catch om something and trip you. Doesn't happen much. They can leave a black V where the straps cross over to the space between your big toe and second toe, if you get your feet wet or just get dust or sweat on your feet. Wash it off.

All in all, they're pretty great for hot and humid weather, whereas shoes can be anything from uncomfortable to miserable. You store up, or let off, a LOT of heat in your feat. Especially when wrapped up not only in the heavy material of a shoe but blanketed even further by a sock. Those toes start roasting, and slip in their slime...ugh. And the rest of your sock blanketing your shin...more hot sticky blecch.