View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:24 AM

Default AA - How to Protect My Hand

I’d appreciate your opinions on every street please, as I have great trouble playing hands like AA / KK etc.

Obviously I win with them a lot as you’d expect, but I’m not sure I fully understand the concepts of what to do to “protect my hand”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No reads as yet – but usually 3-4 to the flop.

Bet365 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero Raises, 6 Folds, SB Calls, BB Calls.

<font color="green"> Pretty standard I would have thought. </font>

Flop: (6 SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB Checked, BB Checked, Hero Bet, SB Called, BB Called.

<font color="green"> Again standard I would have thought.

However, it is ever better to check this and let them think the flop has missed, so I may get some action on the turn ?</font>

Turn: (6 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB Checked, BB Checked, Hero Bet, SB Called, BB Folded.

<font color="green"> I’m sure SB is on a draw of some sort to still be calling down, so I figure he’s got Tx. Although at these limits, they won’t let bottom/middle pair go, so this is also an option.

What hand would you put the villian on ?</font>

River: (8 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB Bets, Hero ?.

<font color="green"> This is the nightmare card for me as it puts 4 to the straight. With someone calling all this way, then suddenly betting out, I figure he must have it.

What is your action here - Fold / Call / Raise ? And why ?</font>

Final Pot: ?? BB

Results = I will post later.

J.