View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Failed my first class ever

DKK - Your life isn't over. There are many factors that will weight the importance of this failing grade. It is not good though, obviously.

In general, the earlier in your academic career the better. So if this is your freshman year... it's an easier thing to explain (for any grad school or employer that requests a transcript), chalking it up to being a frosh jackass.

Is this class in your major? If it is, and you're looking to apply to grad school specific to your major... obvioulsy this hurts alot. You would likely have to append an explanation for this failing grade in any app.

Bottom-line: Hopefully this F is an anomaly. This is good because 1) easier to explain as an outlier in your otherwise successful academic career and 2) obvioulsy won't affect your GPA that much.

Study Harder!
-Al

Edit - Hahaha yeah Sam, I've NEVER heard of an undergrad that allows you to "take a class over", meaning you get to replace the "F" with the new grade. That's ridiculous.

My brother went to Brown, which had a thing where if you are about to fail, you can switch it to "no grade" or something gay like that. Lame, also.

Edit 2 - Yasher/Melchy - I am seriously surprised that decent undergrads allow their students to repeat a failed class, and wipe out the previous F with the new grade.

The fact they got an F isn't somehow recorded, at all, on the transcript? Lame.