View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Defeatest Howard Dean Says US Troops Can\'t Win

[ QUOTE ]
You really don't have a clue yourself do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know more than you can probably imagine about the historical difficulties of building democracies in the developing world, the variables that lend themselves toward making democratic development difficult, and thus the immense challenges faced by the administration in keeping the country together under a democratic regime. This is at its core an issue of political and social development, not military victory. Since internal violence is one of the obstacles to political and social development, a security component is needed. But security is not the larger problem, and "victory" in the military conflict is not going to achieve our overall objectives nor is it likely even to occur without a much better answer to the political/social problem, about which the administration is clueless.

[ QUOTE ]
Your attitude is more of the same-o lib inability to see the nuances in military/geo-political situations and apply an appropriate, even if not perfect, strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh. Where is the nuance demonstrated by the Bush's administrations "strategy" in Iraq?

[ QUOTE ]
Tell that to the insurgents whose objective is to allow us to defeat ourselves by losing our will and withdrawing before the Iraqi government is capable of handling the situation on its own so that they can impose a non-democratic government on their fellow Iraqis.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Losing our will" - I love it when people adopt the same language and talking points of the administration. Truly revealing in many respects. BTW, do you think the Shiites really want a truly democratic regime in a unified Iraq?