View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Confused in Scugog

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say it'd be pretty hard to lay this down to a turn check-raise because the most likely holding for this guy is 86 once he does check-raise the turn. Remember, DcifrThs has trips/two-pair outs (some of which may not be clean if the other guy is on a flush draw) in a HUGE pot (14BB? if the blind calls on the turn and CO check-raises).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i agree but i wasn't in the hand...were you alluding to an ealier post or something?

i also think that the bet is bad if it costs you the pot those times you check and let a hand that would have folded hit...but it doesn't seem that there are too many hands like that out there....it does look like you'll be up against hands that wont fold b/c they have a good amount of outs and if he does c'r you here it looks like a worse 2pair which you must call against so its not a great spot to be. i personally dont mind the turn check all that much as if its checked to you again you can pretty profitably bet for value.

you're not giving up that much on the turn by checking vs. an ace and a big draw or a hand w/ outs b/c they look like they'll call given the action and you want to see a showdown or at least induce a bad call from a hand that would call to improve on the turn but fold to the river bet. those hands you have the same ev against either way.

so i dont mind the turn check all that much but i would probably bet it myself, call a raise and fold the river UI.

-Barron