View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: A fine reason to ban weapons

[ QUOTE ]
In our society today the risk/reward for consumer goods is managed by the tort laws. When a fuel tank explodes in a car there is a lawsuit because of the injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same laws apply to firearms. They should not apply to properly functioning firearms used in the hands of careless or irresponsible individuals. Thank goodness we have laws going through Congress to address the stupidity of these lawsuits.

[ QUOTE ]

We have reached the point with guns that there is no management of the risk/rewards for the gun industry. If the gun industry does not want child locks (it may add a few dollars to the cost) the NRA and the gun nuts trot out their mis-interpretation of the second amendment and the pols fall into place.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no NEED to have to sell with a child safety lock. And I don't want some idiot in congress coming along and telling me that I have to USE the safety lock against my will. Thus, rendering my firearm USELESS in the moment of need.

[ QUOTE ]

As there is no sanity in the pro-gun camp, the only sane position is to be against gun ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the other way around. The gun control camp has no evidence that their policies do anything to help the problem of gun violence in America. They are ineffectual and ignorant.

[ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, I don't know a single person who owns a weapon. And most of them are highly intelligent people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is part of your problem. Do you presume to have knowledge about an item that you have no experiance with or know people with knowledge of a firearm. Please take an NRA course SHOOTING firearms. I'll even pay for it for you. If you still feel like they can't be used responsibly, I will give you more respect because at least you tried firearms and are more well informed.

[ QUOTE ]

There is simply no reason for a normal person to own a gun (and yes, IMO, that includes hunting animals, or displaying on a wall).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply casuistic, cockeyed, dopey, fallacious, false, far out, fatuous, faulty, groundless, hollow, implausible, inconclusive, incongruous, inconsequent, inconsistent, incorrect, invalid, irrational, mad, meaningless, nutty, preposterous, screwy, senseless, sophistic, sophistical, specious, spurious, unconnected, unproved, unreasonable, unscientific, unsound, unsubstantial, untenable, wacky, without basis, and without foundation in rational thought.

I expected you to use your mind better AC. You have some great points and logical reasoning in your defense of the Kelo case (still disagree) and eminent domain. Whats the catch on this one?

-Gryph