View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Do I suck at folding?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just saying that you disagree is pointless.

I was thinking the same thing about check/calling to induce a bluff.. You're either way ahead or way behind.

Maybe you could explain why you disagree strongly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I posting really good advice is -EV but umm it's pretty obvious value bet, why would 1 pair or a worse 2pair (yeh theres not many likely candidates for this) bet here and these hands are much more likely than that someone made a straight. These hands just check through, you get bets from absolutely nothing here, really maybe a totaly goose with Joker & the bridge how to card will bet, but seriously no. This is simple value bet, folding to a raise is pretty easy as well (but I don't do alot I fold river bet 35% I think optimal for me would be closer to 38.5%).

I'm very sure betting this river is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd hand is a clear value bet. A lot of hands that would call would check behind on this board. My personal feeling was that bet/fold is the correct line -- I'm surprised that so many people don't mind calling on the end, though.

I called down in Hand 1 because I was completely lost as to what this guy could have. (Not a good reason, but thats my defense).