View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Act I & II Tournaments

These are simply the softest games ever. And by ever I really do mean EVER. The play in these satellites is so consistently awful that you just play on auto-pilot and you'll do fine. Nothing tricky. Between the WPF and the NEPC, I've played a combined 7 ACT 1s and 2s, and have only placed out of the top 3 twice. It was a little trickier during the WPF, because if you placed 2nd or 3rd in an ACT 2, you got a retry. For the NEPC, top three make it to the ACT 3. As for the ACT 3, it's a bit tougher. I ran over the field for the WPF, but I was card dead through my entire NEPC Act 3 and was busted out rather quickly when my A-10 failed to overcome the odds against pocket Jacks and pocket Aces (imagine that). As far as scheduling, they make you choose an ACT 3 within a week of your ACT 2 win, and I believe the ACT 3s are run Wednesday and Thursday at 8:00 PM, and Sunday at noon.

Out of curiosity, why would you practice your B+M play at a non-cash (vouchers only) event? Why not play some dailys or something?