View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: overpair, huge overbet 6max 1/2

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like just thinking, hey, I'm ahead more often than I'm behind, so I'll just bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain it? You don't want to get money in when you are ahead? Are you talking about meta game?

[ QUOTE ]
The original poster said that villain is loose, so hands like A8, K8, T8, 98, 87 are all probable holdings. Against these hands, you definitely don't want to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well do you really want to be truthful here; hero said that it is not 8

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a pocket pair that you're beating right now, he might call a turn bet, OR he might not call a turn bet but will bet on the river if you check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to that you will have to call here all the time on river no matter what the bet is. I hope you do realize that it is how big A is playing? You fire continuation bet, get called and then you check behind when you do not hit.
Every time on river villain will either bluff at you big with nothing or have nuts here and in addition you allow him to catch his A or fill up. Furthermore if you have AK here you have to be willing to fire 2nd barrel otherwise you are setting up yourself for bluff and inviting other to take shots at you.

[ QUOTE ]
Against overcards, you really don't want to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is not calling flop bet against pfr knowing he might be drawing dead. he needs here big A or PP to call.