View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Choose your own adventure.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, if he bluffs a lot and plays big pots with crappy hands all the time why are you so eager to play a big pot with an overpair oop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: just to clarify something here: I'm saying he should fold on an ace high flop or something idiotic like that, I'm not even sure not reraising pf is the best thing to do, I'm just saying QQ is not the kind of hand with wich I hope to play a big pot, if it happens against this guy...well, you're probably ahead, so ok, but as a default plan I'm not sure I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So we think we're much better than villain, what do we do to prove it? Get stacked on an overpair :| I hate it

[/ QUOTE ]

Fallen I know you probably think everyone is picking on you, but lets think about this logically. We wouldn't play an overpair against this guy if we limped AA preflop or something and then got tons of action post flop.....then yeah if we are getting a ton of action he could be crazy and have some random two pair hand. But in this hand we built a large pot preflop,thereby forcing a large pot on this guy with most likely bad cards....now we've got him tied to this large pot because it's so big he doesn't want to get away from his hand. That's the point....you build the pot early and his range of hands he'll get agressive with increases DRAMATICALLY. These are exactly the situations that you'd look to play a big pot, against a loose aggressive opponent with a large pot built preflop...it's hard to misplay your hand at that point. If you aren't looking to play large pots with AA against villains that will bluff three streets or stay in with second pair then you are probably losing value.

As for this point

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone being so pf centered? :| I'm hoping to play big pots with big post flop hands, not AA,KK,QQ or any other specific starting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not realize that if you get it all in preflop with AA you are a significant favorite over any other hand...why in the hell would you not want to play a big pot preflop with AA? You need to really think about the way you are playing I think based on these comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, you think I'm such an idiot that I don't know I'm a huge favourite all-in pf with AA?
You're not getting all-in pf, you're not even putting a significant portion of your stack in the pot pf.

If the guy is a maniac that will bluff all three streets than check calling is the way to go. "Postflop he bets a lot, but doesn't often bet big. He will also bluff three streets no problem. He generally seems to respect my raises though", if the guy respects your raises why are you putting yourselft in a situation where the guy will most likely not do his usual 3barrel bluffing but he will stack you if he has something since you can't fold safely knowing you're beat.