View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Why are 1-table tournament players so mean?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I find that funny - especially thinking about my 42 year old brother who died of cancer leaving a widow and three year old boy - cracks me up.

Which I why I play without my chat on - and if anyone says that to me in a live game, they'll catch a coors bottle right across the teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Hobbes, you're really that sensitive? I've had family members die of cancer too, but i find nothing more funny in poker then when some guy loses it and starts ranting and raving about he hopes i get cancer, or how he is gonna come round to my house and rape my mother, then my father then probably my dog or something. I love it, poker gets quite boring at times so let the table entertainers carry on with their crude comments.

Oh and Hobbes, i reckon it would be a piece of p!ss playing you in a live game. Can't imagine it would hard to get you on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . Take a chill pill man! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand Hobbes' sentiment here...I've had relatives die of cancer myself, but they were all elderly and it was one of those "their time to go" type of things. Losing someone tragically to something, however, engenders different feelings. I can certainly imagine a comment like that making me angry if I were in Hobbes' shoes.