View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: set on a flush board 1/2 6 max

there are only a few realistic hands for villain here. AK of spades, AA, KK or QQ. If he has AA or KK then you are way ahead and dodging spades most likely. If he has QQ you are toast, and you are drawing live against the AK of spades because of the full house and quad outs (10 total).

That cold call of $50 on the flop really worries me though. I can't see what does that then leads the turn big other than a made hand wanting to keep you from drawing cheap. If he had the AK of spades, he wouldn't make a bet like that most likely because he doesn't want to run off his customers...he can't put you on a set here...his most likely hand to put you on is a baby made flush, which he has killed, but then again, he might think the baby made flush will call him down here....there could be some higher level thinking going on.

I really hate these spots and it seems like when i call down with my hands in these spots i always lose. All that being said I don't think i'm folding my tens here, and if he has me, he has me, but I do have redraw outs unless his hand is precisely QQ. I call and really really hope that his hand is AK with the Ace of spades and he thinks he's got a monster draw here.