View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: A question for Christians AND atheists

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That does bring me to my question I asked before - Do you really think that if there was no religion, no one to teach you there was a God that anyone born today would start believing in God? I am talking about now, after science has explained so many of the 'unexplained' phenomena of the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even now most cultures still have some kind of religion. Also most people I know are of the belief that kids should be brought up believing in God, that it is somehow innocent. This could be different in Europe or Japan. All I'm saying is that regardless of what parents teach, there is still a culture that has an effect on children. Most regular people don't have a good idea of science or philosophy, so it doesn't matter what advancements these fields have made. America's education system is pretty pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are missing the question. Belief in god started as a way to explain the 'unexplainable'. What if we started with a clean slate. No one believed in god. But we still have all the scientific knowledge that we have now.
Do you think the belief in god would have still 'evolved'?