View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Here\'s the actual sequence in the final hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with calling the all-in though and risking your entire tournament on this hand at this point is that I just see *no way* that Dannenman can think he has the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Hachem plays 88,99 the same way. Hachem is unlikly to have a set or the top end of the straight since he would likely slow play it until the turn. There are many hands that Dannenman is ahead of that Hachem plays this way. And he still has a great redraw against every hand that beats him except for a made straight.

You are forgetting the essential part of this hand, they are "heads up". The hands a big stack will be aggressive with in this context are much weaker than usual. Unfortunately you know Hachem's hand, so it's difficult to get past the actual results, but if you didn't know his hand you'd put him on the following.

A pair, a great draw, or better. That's a fricken wide range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem would go over the top of Dannenman's raise to $5 million on the turn when the ace hit and put him (Dannenman) all-in with 88 or 99? Isn't that basically like saying "I know you're representing at least the ace with that raise and I can't beat top pair but I think you're bluffing so I'll raise you all-in"? I mean, Dannenman's not representing a pair of 6's or 5's or just a draw with that raise to $5 million is he?