View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: First NL Post: Calling W/ TP vs Big River Bet

[ QUOTE ]
I play limit ....

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You play limit? Who'da thunk it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What you limit folks call a raise, we call a minraise, and we frown heavily upon such foolishness. If you're gonna raise, make a real raise and enjoy the wonders of NL.

As for the hand, don't 3-bet the flop. As a matter of fact, don't bet the flop. Checking to the raiser to see what he does is a goot line, then call and lead the turn. Or, if you insist, lead the flop for a real bet. Like pot-sized.

The turn as played is not so goot either. In NL, you look at the size of the bet in relation to the pot. Anything under 1/2 pot is weak. Your $5 bet is weak and really serves no purpose other than it being a big sign that says "please run over me".

As played when he raises you on the turn, you have to look ahead. If I call this bet, what will happen on the river. If I check the river and he bets 2/3 pot, will I call? If the answer to that question is "No" than you need to fold to his turn minraise.

PS. His river bet is not big.