View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Sex and Studying Abroad

Maybe this requires another thread, but it's time to turn to the favorite topic of OOT: sex and dating!

Background: I was in a serious, non-mongamous, long distance relationship for about a year and a half. It was pretty messed up, because both her and I were going through rough times. We're still friends, but I think we're both totally different people now. Anyway, we broke up and I proceeded to have sex with a lot of random girls at my college. I'm not trying to brag, just give a picture of my current mental state. Since that messed up girl, I haven't been in a serious relationship. I've never been in a serious relationship with someone who was at the same physical place as me.

What do you guys think about meeting someone while studying abroad? Pros/Cons? I have always frowned upon people who get into serious relationships while studying abroad, but I'm starting to reconsider. It seems like all of this could be more fun with a partner in crime that I get to cuddle with at the end of the night. A lot of crazy [censored] will be happening, it might be nice to have a constant.

Of course, she'd have to be cool as hell. I'm not going to date some girl just for the sake of dating a girl. But I think there will be a lot of cool people, as there are everywhere. Thoughts?