View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: How far have you moved up at no-limit ring games?

I'm in college, and I pay for everything but car insurance and tuition, so basically I'm a "pro".

I played for money in NL SNGs from January-June. I then had a lot of expenses and wasn't doing very good so I got a job at the San Diego County Fair for 3 weeks and made like $1800. I then deposited $150 and started playing $25nl 6-max

I won it up to like $800 really fast and started playing $50nl 6-max. I then had to pay rent and whatever so I stayed there for a while, until about early september where I played $100nl 6-max for a while.

I then had more stuff to pay out, and I realized that I wanted a reallllllly big bankroll so I'd never go broke, so I moved back down to $50nl and started playing full ring.

I then had about $3500 in poker account so I took a shot at $100, I won about $1,000 in a few days, but then I lost about 18 buyins and didn't even know if I was a winning player, so I dropped back to $50.

I then played that till like the end of october, got bored, decided to switch to SNGs again, did really damn good at the $10's, broke even at the $20's, then went back to NL ring at the end of november.

I started 12 tabling $50 full, thought that sucked after a while and decided to play $50 6-max, had like an 8k bad streak, so I dropped to $25nl 6-max and that is where I am today, with a $900 bankroll.

Not the best way to live or have a bankroll but I've never been happier.