Thread: 86'd players
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: 86\'d players

however, the general point that there are quite a few 25, 35 and 65 year-olds who can't handle it either is fairly valid.

I've long been opposed to the 21 y.o. drinking age fwiw (since we were half on that topic too).
I'm 34 now and I still think it's ridiculous.

19 and 20 year-olds drink....that's just a fact of life. I drank when I was 19 (and younger than that actually) as did most everyone else I know.

It's ridiculous that the legal drinking age is 21 when EVERYONE knows that young adults off at college (or entering the work-force) are drinking and that's how it's always been and how it always will be.

I find it equally ridiculous that the Fed-Gov used the highway-funds to force the issue and practically cancel-out any wishes the individual states might have had on this.

I've got lots and lots of problems with things in the U.S. though (18 year-olds getting sent off to war included) so I guess I'm just used to things around me being done in such a way that does not exactly conform to the way that I would prefer it be done (and yes...I do vote).

end rant.