View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5diamond Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I like how you played it. There are so many things that can go wrong if you raise with the action in front of you that I hate building a big pot. If Joe picks a spot where 3 people have shown interest to run a play then the pot is his.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about running a play here if you're in Awada's spot? I know this depends on too many factors for you to really answer, but I wish I was good enough to do this.

I feel like every time I've tried to run a play in the last handfull of big live tournaments I've played, I've failed. After playing a few of the 5diamond events, tight and aggressive seemed to be the way to play. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately but am feeling very unsure about. It always depends on your table, but every table I had in all those events was so loose aggressive that if I caught cards or made some pairs I'd get some chips. Everytime I got out of line, I got caught. But maybe I'm just not picking my spots well enough.

There was a hand from the 5K event where EP opened for 200, LP called, and I just called in the BB with JJ (6K stack). Flop is 722, EP leads small for like 300, LP makes it 800, I make it 2100 and they both fold. I think I played the hand fine, but I wish I was good enough to make that move with air.

Sirio and I talked about TAG vs LAG in these tournaments and he seemed to agree that TAG generally works better these days, with all the LAGs out there. but I'm still unsure about it all.