View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5diamond Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise PF a bit and try to get HU with the weak-loose player? If he re-pops it, you can get away from a likely AA-QQ. If not, you're playing deep stack poker, with position, against the weakest player at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this a reasonable idea. Of course I like the idea of having position on a weak player HU. But he hadn't shown any aggression yet, so I thought it was way too likely that he had a bigger pair. I also figured that if I flopped a set he might go off for his whole stack with an overpair. And from seeing how he busted this was definitely true. His bustout hand was pretty funny so I'll detail it.

5 limpers for 200 to him on the button, sitting with about 25K. He fiddles with his chips a bit, obviously thinking about raising. He ends up limping behind. I complete from the SB, BB checks. 8 ways to the flop, KK2r. checks to Jdags in MP who bets 1K, folds to button who makes it 3K, I fold, BB makes it 9K, everyone folds back to the button who asks how much it is to raise again. He min raises to 15K, with 9Kish behind, BB calls. Turn is 7, BB leads out all in, Button obviously doesn't like where he is, but throws his last chips in. KJ for BB, AA for button. No help for him on the river.