View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: PL Omaha 8 .10/.25 Push this turn?

I hate every street. Pre-flop is okay, I guess. Your hand is looking for a longshot flop, but I guess it's not such a big deal completing in the SB and then closing the action once the BB raises. Fine.

Flop bet is... pretty bad. It makes no sense. WTF is a feeler bet? You have nothing, out of position in a raised pot. Why do you need to bet to know that you have nothing? Then you get raised and decide to call the raise with no hand and no draw? Exactly what turn card are you hoping for? Check-folding the flop is your only option here.

The turn card is one of the better cards you could have hoped for. Now at least you have a draw. That doesn't necessarily mean you should lead out for the pot. You have 7 clean outs to make your flush, some of which may be for only half of the pot if a better low is out there. It's not exactly a dominating hand you got there. Now, if your low is live then you have a decent holding. Otherwise you're in trouble. So I would check the turn and consider calling only if you're being offered favorable pot odds.

You really overplayed this hand and I think you were lucky to have that much equity when the money went in on the turn.