View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 88 playing against no overcards

I raise preflop as well, if I'm playing this. There is no way I'm open-limping anything from MP1. You gotta remember shorthanded to play like the first few people folded. (Actually, by my count you are in MP2, since MP3, CO, and Button are the 3 that folded.)

Anyway, given the preflop play, I think the flop raise is questionable. You are not getting anyone to fold, and there are a Ton of cards that severely hurt your hand on the turn. I think this is the perfect time to wait for a raise on the turn. If a blank hits, you get the most money in on the turn, and if a scare card hits, you can consider exiting stage right without losing too much money. (This kinda reminds me of the "Two Overpair Hands" section of SSHE. Ooh, the oncoming controversy...)

The river call is interesting. On one hand, there is not a single hand I can imagine raising here that you beat. Unless he simply misclicked, you are almost certain to lose.

On the other hand, an entire table will have seen you raise the flop, bet the turn, bet the river, and Fold to a raise on the end. This is a very noticeable move on any table, and you're going to find yourself being bluffed at a lot more after this hand. So you're going to have to be prepared to calldown a lot more if you fold here. If you are prepared to make some sizable adjustments to your game here, Fold and save the bet. But if you think the -EV of people targeting you as bluffable is going to be a problem, call down so that noone notices you.