View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Follow up to Doyles bid for the wpt

[ QUOTE ]
To prove that he knew that someone else would act on information he provided may be tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when they roll over on Doyle to lower their own sentences.

[ QUOTE ]

My hunch that I'd wager on is he traded no stock and tipped no one and will walk away clear and clean. He's not that dumb and it's not worth it. (you could say the same was true of martha and look at her, but I doubt martha really got it and she wasn't an archtect as doyle would have to be.)

[/ QUOTE ]

you doubt Martha "got it"? She was a licensed stockbroker who passed many more securities exams than you have. She should have been smart enough to know her actions weren't insider trading, or smart enough to consult with her lawyer to confirm that, but instead she lied to investigators so she could go to prison.

People panic when they make stupid mistakes.In Doyles case, you contend he's smart enough not to trade the stock or tip anyone, but dumb enough to make a bogus offer for a public company using a second rate law & PR firms without preparing to answer questions about it the very next day? Yea, right. If he was in the clear, he would be carefully explaining to investigators he didn't trade the stock or tip off his friends, not hiding behind the fifth amendment.