View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really want us to go piece by piece through the Bible and present evidence/rationale why events contained therein are likely not true?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, especially because when I asked you in an earlier thread what made you leave Christianity, you told me it was because the idea of God sounded implausible. Hardly an objective evaluation.

[ QUOTE ]
You'll just say that we shouldn't take the whole thing literally (theists are very selective about what must be true, what may be true, and what likely isn't true, a nice game to be able to play with the source of your beliefs).

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't assume too much about what I believe. I believe the Bible to be 100% true, word for word.

[ QUOTE ]
If we raise "evidence" that certain aspects may be taken a different way, or those perpetuating the word had a vested interest, or a myriad of other reasons that should raise reasonable skeptical concern, you'll just dismiss all that, too, as atheist's bias. So, it's a no-win proposal to debate these issues with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, you're assuming you will win that debate. I'm challenging you because I don't think you can do it. You haven't in the past.