View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 PM

Default TV tuner card help

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get recommendations on a decent quality (PCI) TV tuner card. Not looking to pay a ton, but I don't want bottom of the barrel either. Recording and all that "extra" stuff is optional as I already have a DVR. As I'll explain in a minute essentially all I need the ability to tune in a specific channel.

Concerns...

My main concern is that I want to do this with a dish network line. I don't know if this is some sort of special signal or not (it currently works fine on a regular tv so I assume it's not special or doesn't matter).

I have the dual output box and currently the secondary line (the one I'll be using for the computer) just plugs into a TV, you put it on channel 73, and then use a radio frequency remote to change channels, etc (the signal goes to the box which is in another room).

So essentially all I need is a way to get picture and sound on channel 73 in a window on my desktop and I'm good to go....don't need to worry about recording since I can record them on my DVR (which is built into the dish network box) and then pipe them into my computer just like a regular signal.

Hope that makes sense, just want to make sure I buy the right thing.

Thanks,
J

EDIT: not sure if it matters, but I use dual CRT monitors.