View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:49 PM

Default inducing bluffs? 2/4 HU

Different opponent than the other hand posted.

I played a while full ring with this guy and he was a goldmine. I raised in EP once with QQ and he called (along with someone else) from the BB with QTo. Flop was ten-high and he minbet, and I raised it up because there were quite a few draws out there. He called my raise, and then check-called a pretty healthy turn bet as well. The game broke up and we ended up playing HU. He was pretty bad. He was folding too much and just bleeding chips to me, but then he started to adjust a bit and put some pressure back on me. A third player (maybe the guy from my other thread) had sat down briefly but he went bust after 15 hands or so. I think that has sort of added to his aggressiveness, because initially I was also just limping in a lot preflop and stealing pots postflop, but this third player was playing more aggressively and we started following suit. So I guess now he's playing DAG (donk aggressive).

So we get dealt cards and I have AKo and raise to $12. I have been raising preflop frequently, but only with somewhat playable hands (not just any two cards). He uses his slider to make some weird reraise like $28.50 or something. This is the second time he's reraised me preflop. The other time I folded. This time I call. Flop is KTx rainbow. I check and he checks. (I'm not sure why I'm acting first both preflop and postflop. It's possible this was the first hand after the third player busted, which could result in the blinds behaving in full ring mode instead of HU mode. It's also possible that he limp-reraised preflop and I'm simply remembering it wrong. I think his limp-reraise range is the same as his normal-reraise range anyway though.) The turn is an ace. It puts two hearts on the board. I bet $15 and he raises to $40. I call. River is an offsuit rag. I check, he bets $75.

Suppose his stack after that river bet is X. What values of X would make it appropriate for me to checkraise, and what values of X would make a call more appropriate (if any).

This turn bet was the first time that he'd seen me bet anything other than 60-90% of the pot. This may have been the only time that he had checked the flop after showing preflop aggression but I'm not sure.