Thread: A favor to ask.
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: A favor to ask.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand all this. The mid-limit players online are not only bad they love to talk trash and love being confrontational. They never leave as a result of someone berating their play, and they never ever play better either.

I used to agree that berating players online is bad, but these days I don't really see it as being a problem. Live poker of course is a different story

[/ QUOTE ]

I know i'm late to the party, but this his horrible. Bad players, at least most of them, don't really believe that 'skill' has anything to do with success at limit holdem. They don't analyze situations and possible actions, they just play their hand. When you rag on a bad player, whether it happens immediatly or 3 weeks later, it causes them, possibly for the first time, to ask themselves if there was something they could have done 'better'. This is a tragic day for all winning poker players, because now sed fish has started his journey towards education and improvement. He might never become a winning player, but he'll learn to lose less. Its inevitable. To think that berating a bad player has no negative effect on your bottom line is hopelessly ignorant.

Please don't tap the glass...

lf
P.S. Props to Big Endian for posting this, its been happening a lot...