Thread: Stupid spot...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Stupid spot...

I think it depends on BB, I don't think this should be 100% standard.

You don't want to give a diamond a free look, nor do you want to have to call a CR and pay 3BB on the turn and river to showdown.

I know some will advocate betting here, especially with CO involved and despite sounding weak-tight I don't mind checking this turn depending on the BB's and CO's tendencies. I hate getting pushed off the best hand here, and they are coming along anyway. You are likely facing a redraw and a bet on the turn is only making those draws pay and putting you in a bind if you get CRed. If a turn bet is the last bet you are willing to put into this pot, then I'd rather have that bet be a river call. No one is going anywhere with a decent diamond (often with any diamond), and you aren't afraid of any overs. You may or may not have the best hand, and I want to showdown here for 1BB if possible.

Giving up too much value with this line, or giving up more by betting and folding to a CR from a potential semi bluff raise with some weak AxZd? I think it's highly player dependent, as if the fact that I don't think a player will necessarily CR the flush here and push CO out unless they have a weak one, and even 3 handed, I'm not overly worried about being outdrawn but even raising, a big diamond is probably calling...so...player dependent! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you are 100% sure you are behind if BB or CO CRs, then your line is fine, but I don't think you are going to be 100% sure 100% of the time, so I can't call this 100% standard! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]