View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: $22 - A4o in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Well here's my reasoning on the hand:

I led the flop because it was draw heavy, and I don't give button limpers too much credit for an ace so I needed to protect my hand. Then when the turn comes I led again because it got even more draw heavy, he didn't pop me on the flop, so I'm probably best. If he just calls I know I'm almost certainly good, because if he has any made hand here is either raising to protect his hand or folding because he thinks he's beat. This lets me check-call a lot of hands on the river to pick off bluffs.

The main advantage I have with leading the flop and turn is that I think it's quite difficult to outplay me. He would really only raise a king or a ten if he thought I was on a flush draw, which is tough to put me on considering I led out twice. However if I check/call or it checks through, and then lead the turn, he could easily raise a king, and maybe a ten to protect against the flush draw. With that line I have no clue where I stand and end up laying down the best hand fairly often.

My only concern here is what I do if he pushes the turn. imo I think that means I'm beat, as he's going to raise any made hand here to protect it. As I said though, he'll have a tough time raising any hands that are worse than mine. However, I'm getting like 3-1 on a call..is that too much to give up, considering the chance that he could semi-bluff here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... no.

Once I am called on the flop, I am putting no more money in. Anything else is FPS.