View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Thank God for Roosevelt thru Bush 41

In order.

It has never been right or just to murder. It has also never been wrong or unjust to murder. The creation of governments (laws) and religion (morals) are what created the concepts of right and justice. I am willing to be flexible about this, since there are people with religious convictions and there are many different theories of government. Not everybody can agree with this, and that is okay. It is what I think.

You may be right, not all anarchists desire chaos. On the other hand, chaos is the inevitable result of anarchy. It seems to me that the anarchist's idealism clouds his vision on what would happen were there no real consequences in the form of laws.

Let me put it this way. Might does not make right, since there is not really any such thing as RIGHT. The only right is what is in our own best-interests, so what is right for me may be criminal for you.

And for the last two. Governments make such institutions as banks and military possible. The reason that we do not kill each other and rob banks is because we fear the punishment that would be bestowed upon us by the government. We fear the government because it is the most powerful entity we can immediately observe. The government, since it has the power to do so, makes various rules, and if we do not obey them, then we are punished. This goes for all types of governemnts, including Democracies, where we willingly give the government the power to do this.

On the other hand, if there is no governemnt, and we had the responsibility ourselves, then there would not longer be a strongest entity. What that would lead to is internal wars among the citizens, until one person or group is the most powerful, and he/they would then be the government. With no government, there is constant fear of being killed, and constant battle with everybody else. Governemnts are created by the people, which means at one point, there was a state of anarchy. If anarchy is such a good thing, then why would the people have created governemnts in the first place? It is because they saw the need for a central authorityo to protect them from being slaughtered.

Bank robbery is not a good thing, not because it is "wrong" to rob banks, but because we will be thrown in prison or killed by the people that make the banks possible. Therefore, robbing banks is -EV.