View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:08 PM

Default stat collection post

Someone once posted about the odds of 1 pair / 2 pair etc winning at showdown, along with the expected frequency of these hands. This is a great way to determine if you are currently running well / running bad, provided that you are otherwise a winning player.

The problem with this post for me is that I don't know what limit the hands were played at, or the style of the poster. Playing weak-tight vs LAG vs TAG vs LP at 100/200 vs .5/1 etc is going to have, I think, a big impact on these things. A lot fewer hands even reach a showdown as the limits go up.

In an effort to fine tune this research, I'm trying to find these numbers for TAG play in the party mid limits.

Check out the misc tab in pokertracker, select the "only show hands that went to showdown" button, and then please post the following for all hands played between 10/20 and 20/40 at partypoker:

# of hands
% win with 1 pair
% win with 2 pair
% win with trips
% win with str8
% win with flush
% win with full house

and number of times dealt all of the above.

In an effort to do a little filtering on these stats, please include the following general description of your play:

pfr
vp$ip
vp$ip not a blind
postflop AF

If you want to break the numbers out by limit that would be even better (can this be done easily in pokertracker?). Otherwise, perhaps you could mention what limits you play.

If possible, please limit your stats to only those from this year.

Finally, if possible please limit your hands to those played with at least 7 players at the table.

I'll collect the data for a few days and then make a summary post with interesting stats.

thanks,
Eric