View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: drawing 4 or 5 in draw poker

this is one of my favorite scenarios. i mean i have a hand i would probably have thrown away and i can draw 4 or 5 cards and maybe make an incredible hand. the best part is when i do nobody expects it. i think it just matters who it is that limped it to you. if you know that it is the sb who constantly limps with shorts but, would have raised with big pairs or better then you draw 4 to any paint. if you don't know your opponent then you should draw 4 to a king. (you should also be more ready to muck a pair of kings postdraw). if you are against multiple players if you have no reasonable cathop, remember a cathop is no more powerful than a pair of jacks(and that is playing with the joker), and you have an ace then draw 4 otherwise draw 5.

it's up to you if you want to be the player who likes to complete the sb and then draw 4 to the ace. i personally would prefer that <font color="red"> YOU </font> play that way. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

as far as being exposed. that is a good reason to draw 3 or to raise predraw and see if they will lay it down. you could also draw 1 or rap pat.