View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: check/raise, check/call?

[ QUOTE ]
What is the idea behind the flop checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm surprised so many people didn't like the flop CR, i thought that's pretty standard. his range on the button 3 handed is pretty damn wide, if i don't have the best hand with my ace high oh well i have the nut flush draw and an overcard. i don't know why i should check/call here.

[ QUOTE ]

The four on the turn however is much easier. You've leapfrogged a ton of common stealing hands and strengthened your draw. Do not give a free card to all those aces, straight draws, and flush draws that are chasing you.

[/ QUOTE ]
i explained in my response to flawless why i checked because i leapfrogged a ton of his common stealing hands. i don't know if that makes checking correct but that's what i was thinking. i suppose he might call down here with ace high, so maybe i give him a free card there, but obviously i'd rather have him stay in with his ace highs now since he has 2-3 outs. given what he thinks of me though, i think he's fairly likely to bet the turn with a draw after i check.

[ QUOTE ]

He may have a king in which case you'll be raised. But is bet-call, check-fold really any more costly than check-call, check-call?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i realize that's not really an issue at all.
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
villain is TAG. ... i had been playing the button HU for a while before.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i was the only one sitting at a 6 handed 20/40 table, he sat down and we started playing. by the time i realized he was "TAG" i was up nearly a buy-in... like i said he was folding too much HU. sometimes players you don't like seeing at a 6 handed table are a treat to play HU. i just play HU against whoever wants to play really, if it turns out they are really good and no one else sits i can just leave. but most unknown internet players are bad, so i'm willing to take that risk.