View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Caught stealing - flopped a one card flush draw - how far to go?

I've been thinking about this one for a while. I think it's preflop that's bugging me more then anything. Against your average micro-player I think this hand is a bit weak to try and steal preflop, unless the blinds have been folding like crazy to my LP raises. I'd rather have high card strength if I'm going into what will probably be a headsup duel. With that said I move on.
The flop is an autobet.
The turn- I think betting this turn allows him to many options to get cheeky with us. I think since we have a hand with reasonable showdown strength I want to avoid the oportunity for him to put me in a precarious spot. Once we make our hand on the turn I don't mind if he puts us on a steal and tries to take a shot at us on the river cause I'll call one. Showing weakness on the turn makes it more likely he bluffs the river (thereby more necesary to call a river bet) but I don't wanna have to calldown a turn c/r. The turn bet doesn't fold anything that beats us or has many out to draw against us, I don't really think it folds many hands at all. The only hands it does fold are ones we have crushed that may take a shot at us on the river if we check the turn.
I say check through the turn. Call the river bet, or bet the river if he checks again.