View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: Poker for the Big Easy Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
This would be more relevant if you posted in psych forum, but here goes...

You r post contains:

1. bad beat
2. Do gooder activity

My interpretation is that the donation (in addition to be ing the right thing to do) is an offering by you to the poker gods to ward off bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
After having posted the original post, which asked others to join me in the challenge week, I felt obligated to post my results. I hoped others would participate and announce their results as well.

Sorry if the bad beat and the do-gooding offended you. I just included the highlight and the lowlight from the week--it seemed more interesting and less of a "brag post" than had I just listed the results.

I actually did consider not writing the results post (the option you clearly think would have been best) but I thought that many of the people who responded to the initial post would be interested to see how the week ended.

I don't know precisely how to respond to your insult (that I'm donating to ward off bad beats). Eff you, I guess. My only intention in posting the original challenge and the results post was to hopefully persuade others to join me. Clearly that has not worked in your case--your contempt for "do-gooding" is obvious--but I expect you will prove to be the exception rather than the rule.