View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Starting out in SNGs - advice?

Hey everyone. I've been playing poker seriously for about a year, and in that time I've played maybe 250 SNGs. I currently don't have any money in my accounts, but in the next week or so I'm going to be depositing, and I want to start focusing on SNGs.

I plan on whoring up to a $300-ish bankroll and beginning on the $11s on Party. My immediate goal is to be able to beat the $22s for a decent ROI, in order to supplement my income a little bit. Just a couple questions.

First of all, any advice you can give me on how to start out in the $11's would be greatly appreciated. I've read AeloMagus' guide a few times, and come to this forum every now and then (obviously I'll start coming more often). 250 SNGs in a year is obviously a tiny amount, though, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. I've read both HoH's and TPFAP.

Secondly, let's say my goal is to earn $400 a month playing poker. More is gravy, but $400 is my goal. This seems like a realistic amount to make off of the $22s. Am I wrong? Moving up eventually is certainly an option, but if I can do that with the $22s, I'd like to take it a bit slower.

Thanks in advance!