View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: i must be doing something wrong

[ QUOTE ]
i think the problem is i play too tight.
my starting hand requirements at a full table are.
AK/AQ AA-77.

I will play other big A or K in LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what limits you're playing at, but personally in the first three rounds I will almost never raise period. However I will call in for one bet with anything with potential. Any decent ace or king, any suited ace or king, any two suited connectors, any two high cards. In the first few rounds of a low limit SNG raising 5x BB isn't going to do anything. All the people that would have called 10 will call 50 too. So play it like a drawing hand. Let in as many people as possible cheaply and when you hit come out swinging. Otherwise just drop it and try again. Then around round 4 or 5 start playing the agressive game. This catches people off guard too, because I've been so passive the whole time. Sure sometimes I won't hit any flops and it will be up to 50/100 and I've only got 500 chips. Thats OK, I can make do.

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else experience this? they come up with some new plays, moves, thoughts, tactics. and then feel they are losing (perhaps doing them too much) but then later, you find the right balance and feel a stronger player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure everyone does this, and should. You should always be evaluating your game and trying new things.