View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Default Re: i must be doing something wrong

Good to have stopped chasing. You should be able to pick a few pots with flop bluffs after missing the flop with AK.

I would play any pair in LP in an unraised pot, especially in a more passive game where a raise seems unlikely. The implied odds of hitting a set are huge. Generally in LP when the blinds are low, you can play more hands, like sueted (or even unsuited) connectors. These are usually very easy to lay down on an unfavorable flop (I hope you can get away from 2nd or 3rd pair in a multi-way pot), but if you flop 2 pair or better you can bust someone.

It sounds like you are going through some bad luck. Try to ignore what happens and keep track of how often you are a favorite when you get all in. You could even start keeping track of the EV on your all-in hands (i.e. if you get all-in as a 60% favorite, your EV is .6*(pot size)) - (how much money you put in). If this number is generally positive, then you are doing fine and your luck will eventualy turn. If it is negative over a reasonable sample size, re-evaluate.